Jun (Jim) Xu
Click Here for the technical report version of our SRS
submission to CoNext 2016.
(updated Aug. 2009)
- Undergraduate Computer Networking I, CS 3251
- Network Algorithmics, CS 6250
Fall 2007, CS 7260
Fall 2008, CS 7260
Networks CS 6250 Fall 2000, Fall 2001
on Computer Networks CS 8803, Spring 2002
Computer Networking II CS 4251, Fall 2002, Fall 2003, Fall
2005, Spring 2006.
- Network Security CS6262, Spring 2003
Applications and Services, Spring 2004
- 2006 and 2008 IBM Faculty Awards for making fundamental
of system/network performance evaluation methodologies such as new data
streaming algorithms and large deviation techniques.
- 2006 College of Computing Oustanding Junior Faculty Research
- Thesis advisor of the student winners, and co-author of the paper
won the Best Student Paper Award from ACM
Sigmetrics 2004/IFIP Performance 2004.
- NSF CAREER Award for my proposal "Fundamental Lower Bound and
Problems in Networking".
- Ameritech fellowship for outstanding research in
1999 - August 2000.
Recent Publications (please click here)
Tutorials and Invited Talks (outdated)
- Sigmetrics 2007 Tutorial on Network Data Streaming slide
- Network Data Streaming -- A Computer Scientist's Journey in
Processing (various versions presented at multiple institutions since
- Program Committee, ACM Sigmetrics, 2005
- Program Committee, ACM Internet Measurement Conference, 2004
- Program Committee, IEEE INFOCOM, 2005
- Program Committee, IEEE INFOCOM, 2004
- Program Committee, IEEE ICDCS 2004
- Program Committee, IEEE ICNP, 2003
- Program Committee, IEEE ICC, 2002
- Program Committee, IEEE ICDCS, 2001
Yiyi Huang (co-advised
with Prof. Feamster), Qi
Zhao (graduated in Aug. 2007 and joined AT&T-Labs Research),
PHD student from U. of Rochester, now my postdoctoral researcher), Abhishek
Kumar (graduated in Dec. 2005 and joined Google), Min-Ho
Sung (graduated in Aug. 2006 and joined Samsung)