Barcelona, one of Europe’s oldest metropolitan areas and a chief Mediterranean port, sits on Spain’s southern coast 90 miles from the French border. The city is a center of Spanish and Catalan culture and has been called the “Paris of Spain.” With its mountainous surroundings and gorgeous view of the sea, Barcelona makes for not only a rich gateway into European culture and history, but a beautiful locale for study and adventure—a great place to spend a semester!
Spend 11 weeks in Europe’s Most Exciting City
- All majors welcome
- Select from over 7 courses in Architecture, Computer Science, Urban Design, and Spanish
- Travel to other European cities during long breaks–Barcelona is only a few hours away (by plane or train) from Italy, France, UK, Germany, etc.
- All classes taught in English–no Spanish required
- Most financial aid and scholarships applicable, including Zell Miller/HOPE
- Out-of-state students pay current GT in-state tuition + $250 for the summer; based on 12 hours, save approximately $10,000 in tuition
- In-state students pay GT in-state tuition
For an overview of the Barcelona Summer 2017 program details, click here.
“There is a piece of me that will never leave here.”
—Gaby Halley, B.S. CM ’08
“It is absolutely gorgeous! I get a break in the mornings, and I love just walking through the campus, or sitting under a tree, writing in my diary. The breeze, the environment, the bustling of the people, everything is just so perfect.”
—Sweta Vajjhala, B.S. CS ’08
“Ten weeks went by so fast but I did so much in such a short time.”
—Noah Goodwin, B.S. CS ’10