Spring 2009 CS 3651 Calendar
Week 1: January 5-9th - Introduction & Background
- Course Syllabus
- List of Skill Demonstrations
- SD 1 (T-Square usage) Assigned
- Presentation Template
- Presentation Grading Sheet
Week 2: January 12-16th - Safety, Electricity, Basic components
- Presentation: - Safety.ppt
- Presentation: - House Wiring, AC vs DC, and Plumbing
- Read: Circuit Basics
- Homework: Idea for a project - Assigned
- Presentation: Battery_Tech.ppt
Week 3: January 19th-23rd - Circuits
- Monday is a School Holiday! No Class on Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Assigned Reading:GT IP Policy
- Project Brainstorm Presentations
- Presentation: Buffer Amplifiers
- Presentation: Google Sketchup
Week 4: January 26th-30th - CNC Manufacturing
- Assigned Reading:A Surface-Tension-Driven Propulsion and Rotation Principle for Water-Floating Mini/Micro Robots
- Monday Jan 26th: TSRB 3rd floor - Laser Cutter
- Wednesday Jan 28th: TSRB 2nd floor - 3D printer
- Friday Jan 30th: CNC Router - KACB 1120
- Assigned Readings: USB Bit Wacker project page and Firmware D 1.4.3 documentation
Week 5: February 2-6th - Controllers & Actuators
- Presentation: Micro-controllers
- Watch: Lego Turing Machine
- Read article and watch video: Water Propelled Jet Pack
- Sources for parts:
- New Parts:
- Digikey - Expensive, but have the best selection.
- Mouser - Good selection. Kits & Parts:
- SparkFun - Lots of good sensors and pre-built modules for Radio/GPS/Cellular projects.
- Ramsey Electronics - Lots of great kits and DIY stuff.
- Jameco Electronics Surplus:
- MPJA - Surplus house located in Fl - Good surplus and fast shipping to GA.
- All Electronics Corp. - Surplus house.
- American Science & Surplus - Lots of non-electronics surplus plus motors, etc. Local:
- ACK Electronics - Local Ham radio / Electronics shop located on Northside drive.
- Salvation Army thrift store on the South edge of campus
Week 6: February 9th-13th -
- Monday Feb 9th: Class meets in KACB 1120
- Wed Feb 11th: CCB classroom for presentations
- Fri Feb 13th: KACB 1120 (work day)
- Simple SCRUMM project management
- Presentation: Digital Logic to build an H-Bridge circuit
- Watch:Salt & Pepper Robot Arm
- RubeGoldberg machine contest
Week 7: February 16-20th -
- Rube Goldberg Machine Demos: Mon Feb 16th - KACB 1120
- Watch: Siftables, the toy block that think
- Review Questions
- Friday Feb 20th - EXAM 1
Week 8: February 23rd-27th -
- Final Project Proposal Assigned
- Watch:Molding/casting a face and Cavity Pour (and optionally: Molding/casting a hand)
- Presentation - Documentary Videos
- Sources for copyright free and creative commons media:
- Friday Feb 27th - RGM Video/Webpage due!
Week 9: March 2nd - 6th -
- Read: Electrolyzed water (Pay special attention to the "Creating magic water" info-graphic) and the wikipedia entry for Electrolyzed Water.
- GES-5307 datasheet (Switching NPN transistors, we have 100 in the lab)
- Review of conductive thread for electronic textiles
- Wed/Fri: Final Project Team Formation & Proposal Work Days
- Friday March 6th - Project Proposals Due
Week 10: March 9th-13th -
Week 11: March 16-20th: Spring Break!
Week 12: March 23rd-27th -
- Wednesday March 25th: Meet on the 2nd floor of the TSRB outside elevators for bridge testing.
Week 13: March 30th - April 3rd -
- Monday: Project Website (pt1) assigned. (Due Mon April 6th before 6pm.)
- Wednesday: Project work day. Jay will be in KACB 1120 to answer questions or check out materials.
- WiiMote for Linux: Instructions
Week 14: April 6th-10th -
- Monday: Project Website due!
Week 15: April 13th-17th -
- Monday April 13th: Final Project Grading! - Meet in KACB 1120
- Wed April 15th: Lab Cleanup! - Meet in KACB 1120
- Friday April 17th: Final Project Demo! - Meet in KACB 1120
Week 16: April 20th-24th
- Monday April 20th: Meet in CCB 102
- Wed April 22nd: Final Project Documentation due! Meet in KACB 1120
- Friday April 24th: Final Project Video due!
- Interesting links:Billiard Robots Foosball Robots
Final Period: Thursday April 30th 9:30-10:50am
- Tuesday April 28th: Final Project Presentation due!
- Final Project Presentations: CCB 102 - Thursday April 30th: 9:30-10:50am