- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
HomeCurrent Doctoral StudentsPh.D. CS Qualifier InformationGraphics & Visualization Body of KnowledgeAnimation Body of Knowledge
PhD CS – Graphics & Visualization Body of Knowledge
Animation Body of Knowledge
Books and Tutorials
- Parent, Computer Animation: Algorithms and Techniques. (Hardcover - 560 pages) 1st edition (September 4, 2001) Morgan Kaufmann Publishers; ISBN: 1558605797 [ ]
- Baraff and Witkin, Physically Based Modeling, SIGGRAPH 1997 Course Notes [ ]
- Shoemake, Quaternions
- Bridson, Fedkiw, and Muller-Fischer, Fluid Simulation, SIGGRAPH 2006 Course Notes SUGGESTED
- Hodgins and Wooten, 1998. Animating Human Athletics, Proceedings of ISRR.
- Baraff , Witkin, "Large steps in cloth simulation" SIGGRAPH 1998
- Stam, "Stable fluids", Proceedings of the SIGGRAPH 1999 annual conference on Computer graphics, p.121-128, August 08-13, 1999, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Foster , Fedkiw, "Practical animation of liquids", Proceedings of the 28th annual conference on Computer graphics and interactive techniques August 2001
- O'Brien, J. F., Hodgins, J. K., (1999) Graphical Modeling and Animation of Brittle Fracture. The proceedings of ACM SIGGRAPH 99, Los Angeles, California, August 8-13, pp 137-146. This paper has received the SIGGRAPH 99 Impact award.
- James and Pai. "DyRT: Dynamic Response Textures for Real Time Deformation Simulation with Graphics Hardware", (SIGGRAPH 2002) [PDF]
Optimization for Animation/Simulation
- Witkin and Kass, Spacetime Constraints, SIGGRAPH 1988
- Popovic and Witkin. "Physically Based Motion Transformation", (SIGGRAPH 1999) [PDF]
- Jovan Popovic , Steven M. Seitz , Michael Erdmann , Zoran PopoviÄ‡ , Andrew Witkin, Interactive manipulation of rigid body simulations, Proceedings of the conference on Computer graphics, p.209-217, July 23-28, 2000, New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
- Liu, Hertzmann, Popovic. "Learning Physics-based Motion Style with Inverse Optimization", (SIGGRAPH 2005) [PDF]
Data Driven (Example-based) Animation
- Rose, Cohen, and Bodenheimer, "Verbs and adverbs: Multidimensional motion interpolation", IEEE Computer Graphics & Applications, 1998 [PDF]
- Brand and Herzmann. "Style Machines", (SIGGRAPH 2000) [PDF]
- Arikan and Forsyth, "Interactive Motion Generation From Examples", ACM Transactions on Graphics (TOG) , Proceedings of the 29th annual conference on Computer graphics and interactive techniques, 21(3), (SIGGRAPH 2002) July 2002
- Kovar, Gleicher, and Pighin. "Motion Graphs", ACM Transactions on Graphics (TOG) , Proceedings of the 29th annual conference on Computer graphics and interactive techniques, 21(3), (SIGGRAPH 2002) July 2002 [PDF]
- Arno Schï¿½dl, Irfan Essa. Character Animation from Video. Proceedings of First ACM Symposium on Computer Animation, 2002.
- Christoph Bregler , Michele Covell , Malcolm Slaney, Video Rewrite, Proceedings of the 24th annual conference on Computer graphics & interactive techniques, p.353-360, August 03-08, 1997, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Buss and Fillmore, Spherical averages and applications to spherical splines and interpolation ACM Transactions on Graphics (TOG) April 2001 Volume 20 Issue 2.
- Lee, Wolberg, Shin, Scattered data interpolation with multilevel B-splines. Visualization and Computer Graphics, IEEE Transactions on , Volume: 3 Issue: 3 , July-Sept. 1997 Page(s): 228-244