- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
HomeCurrent Doctoral StudentsPh.D. CS Qualifier InformationIntelligent Systems Body of KnowledgePlanning and Search Reading List
PhD CS – Intelligent Systems Body of Knowledge
Planning and Search Reading List
- N. Nilsson (1998), "Artificial Intelligence: A New Synthesis." Ch. 8, 21, 22
- S. Russell & P. Norvig (2002) "Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach." Ch. 3, 7-11
- J.C. Latombe (1990), "Robot Motion Planning"
- Daniel S. Weld: Recent Advances in AI Planning. AI Magazine 20(2): 93-123 (1999)
- A. Blum and M. Furst, Fast Planning Through Planning Graph Analysis., Artificial Intelligence, 90:281-300 (1997)
- Corin R. Anderson et. al. Conditional Effects in GraphPlan. In Proceedings of the 4th International Conference of AI Planning Systems, 1998.
- B. Bonet and H. Geffner. Planning as Heuristic Search. Artificial Intelligence, Special issue on Heuristic Search. Vol 129 (1-2) 2001.
- J. Hoffmann, FF: The Fast-Forward Planning System. AI Magazine, Volume 22, Number 3, 2001
- H. Kautz and B. Selman. Unifying SAT-based and Graph-based Planning. IJCAI 1999.
- H. Choset et. al. (2005), "Principles of Robot Motion," Ch. 2, 5, 7
- S. Lavalle (2006), "Planning Algorithms," Ch. 3,5-6,12
- F. Aurenhammer, Voronoi diagrams: A survey of a fundamental geometric data structure. ACM Computing Surveys, V.23 N.3, 1991.
- S. LaValle, J. Kuffner, Randomized Kinodynamic Planning. International Journal of Robotics Research, 20(5):378-400, 2001.
- P. Jimenez, F. Thomas, C. Torras, Collision Detection Algorithms for Robot Motion Planning and Control. J.P.Laumonnd Ed.
- Stilman, M. Task Constrained Motion Planning in Robot Joint Space. IROS 2007.
- Quinlan, S. and Khatib, O. Elastic Bands: Connecting Path Planning and Robot Control. ICRA 1993 Atlanta, Georgia, vol 2. pp. 802-807
Uncertainty and Dynamics
- Sutton & Barto, Reinforcement Learning, MIT Press. Ch. 1-6
- H. Choset et. al. (2005), "Principles of Robot Motion," Ch. 8
- S. Lavalle (2006), "Planning Algorithms," Ch. 13
- L. Kaelbling, M. Littman, A. Cassandra, Planning and Acting in Partially Observable Stochastic Domains. Artificial Intelligence, Volume 101, pp. 99-134, 1998
- A. Cassandra, A Survey of POMDP Applications. Presented at the AAAI Fall Symposium, 1998
- S. Koenig, M. Likhachev, D*Lite. AAAI/IAAI 2002: 476-483