- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
HomeCurrent Doctoral StudentsPh.D. CS Qualifier InformationIntelligent Systems Body of KnowledgeRobotics Reading List
PhD CS – Intelligent Systems Body of Knowledge
Robotics Reading List
- R.C. Arkin (1998), Behavior-based Robotics, MIT Press.
- T. Balch and L. Parker (eds.), Robot Teams: From Diversity to Polymorphism, AK Peters. 2002.
- Sutton & Barto, Reinforcement Learning, MIT Press.
- Computer Vision: A Modern Approach, by David Forsyth and Jean Ponce, 2002, Chapters 1-18, 22-24.
- Principles of Robot Motion: Theory, Algorithms, and Implementations, Howie Choset, Kevin M. Lynch, Seth Hutchinson, George Kantor, Wolfram Burgard, Lydia E. Kavraki and Sebastian Thrun, The MIT Press
Journal & Conference Papers:
- B. J. Kuipers & Y.-T. Byun. 1991. A robot exploration and mapping strategy based on a semantic hierarchy of spatial representations. Journal of Robotics and Autonomous Systems, 8: 47-63
- Robotic Mapping: A Survey, Sebastian Thrun. TR available here.
- Multi-Robot Exploration Controlled By A Market Economy R.M. Zlot, A. Stentz, M.B. Dias, and S. Thayer IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, May, 2002.
- R. Brooks (1986), A Robust Layered Control System for a Mobile Robot, IEEE Journal of Robotics and Automation, RA-2(1):14-23.