- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Add to Calendar
- April 25, 2013 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Klaus 1116
Henrik Christensen (Director of Robotics & Intelligent Machines (RIM, GaTech)
Prasad Tetali (Director of Algorithms & Randomness Center (ARC), GaTech)
The objective of this workshop is to bring together leaders and researchers from industry and academia to discuss:
(i) challenges, trends, and opportunities in various topics including logistics, supply chain management, display advertisement, and energy efficiency:
(ii) how to address them by leveraging state-of-the-art quantitative methods such as optimization, machine learning, algorithms, and stochastics.
- Kevin Gue, Auburn University: "Plug-and-Work Material Handling"
- Henrik Christensen, Georgia Tech: "Optimization for palletizing and vehicle routing"
- Sebastian Pokutta, Georgia Tech: "Applying Algorithms to Real-World Problems"
- Ken Clarkson, IBM Research: "Low Rank Approximation and Regression in Input Sparsity Time"
- Nitish Korula, Google Research: "Online Matching and Online Display Advertising"
- Kamal Jain, e-Bay: "Business models of buyer-sellers matching"
01:15-02:45 Energy and Sustainability
- Frederic Villenueve, Siemens Corporation: "The Opportunities of Optimization and Uncertainty Quantification in Energy R&D"
- Debmalya Panigrahi, Microsoft Research and Duke University: "Energy-efficient Scheduling"
- Nagi Gebraeel, Georgia Tech: "Predictive Analytics for Improving Reliability and Ensuring Sustainability"
03:15-04:00 Panel of Discussion