- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
"Working abroad fully immerses you in the culture of your host country. This immersion causes you to see other people differently, not only people from a foreign country but from your own. You learn to see the uniqueness and importance of a person's culture. Additionally, developing the ability to work and live in a foreign country shows that you can adapt and excel in any situation, which is a vital life skill as well as an appealing attribute in the eyes of employers."
– Drew Glaser, Mechanical Engineering, 2007
What other benefits can you get from working abroad? How about these:
- Preparation for succeeding in a global economy
- Cross-cultural exposure through living and working in an international location
- Improved foreign language ability
- Access to jobs not available in the U.S. marketplace
- Enhanced employability upon graduation
- Development of social, personal, interpersonal and lifelong-learning skills
- Opportunities to network with current professionals
For more information, visit Georgia Tech's work abroad website.
Have Questions About Working Abroad?
Director - International Internship/Co-op Program
robinm [at] dopp [dot] gatech [dot] edu (Send Email)