Overall Learning of HTML and Specific HTML Features
- For this question, users were asked to rate the difficulty of learning
HTML overall and some specific features of HTML (CGI, FORMS, and ISMAP) on
a scale of 1 to 9.
- CGI was rated the most difficult (5.157) followed by FORMS
(3.805), ISMAP (3.569), and HTML overall (2.442). Interestingly, none of
these averages are near the maximum difficulty rating of 9.0. These ratings are nearly identical to those in the Third survey.
- Users in Europe ranked each category slightly less difficult than users in the US did.
- There were no significant differences between Weekend and Weekday users.
By Access Time
- Females rated each category slightly more difficult to learn that males
did. The category that showed the most difference was CGI (5.076 for males vs. 5.692 for females) which was also ranked the most difficult overall.
Table of Data for All Categories
For more information or to submit comments:
send e-mail to email@example.com.
GVU's WWW Surveying Team
Graphics, Visualization, & Usability Center
College of Computing
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, GA 30332-0280