Types of HyperLinks Documents Contain
- For this question, users were allowed to mark more than one answer.
- The most common type of link is to other WWW documents, with 93.58% of
users including them in their documents. The next most common are images
and "other" links, with 85.77% and 64.94% of users including them,
- Links to other kinds of servers (FTP, Gopher, etc.) were down compared to the Third survey, while the number of interactive links is rising.
- The least popular are ISINDEX (10.92%) and WWW servers (19.77%).
- More European users report using links to FTP sites (4.88% more), FORMS (6.39% more), images (4.81% more), interactive links (8.22% more), and "other" links (8.77%) than US users.
- There were no significant differences between Weekend and Weekday users.
By Access Time
- Across almost all categories, fewer females reported using each kind of
link in their documents. The categories with the greatest difference were:
"other" links (67.76% males, 50.73% females) and interactive links (44.02% males, 32.85% females).
- Slightly more females than males (2.83%) reported using Gopher links.
Table of Data for All Categories
For more information or to submit comments:
send e-mail to email@example.com.
GVU's WWW Surveying Team
Graphics, Visualization, & Usability Center
College of Computing
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, GA 30332-0280