Number of Years Programming
- Overall, 58.51% of users have been programming for less than 7 years
and 41.49% for more than 7 years. 20.21% had no programming experience,
and nearly the same number (20.45%) had over 12 years experience.
- In the Third survey, only 16.76% of users had no programming experience.
- European users, in general, have more programming experience with 56.00%
having more than 7 years compared to 40.47% in the US.
- There were no significant differences between Weekend and Weekday users.
By Access Time
- A high percentage (43.08%) of females report having no programming
experience. This percentage is up since the Third survey (35.68%).
- As the number of programming years increases across the categories, the number of females steadily decreases.
- The number of males in each category is relatively constant.
Table of Data for All Categories
For more information or to submit comments:
send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GVU's WWW Surveying Team
Graphics, Visualization, & Usability Center
College of Computing
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, GA 30332-0280