Sources Consulted in Learning HTML
- For this question, users were allowed to mark more than one answer.
- On-line documentation was consulted by 83.92% of users in learning HTML.
The next two most popular sources, books and friends, were consulted by
only 44.47% and 29.02% of users, respectively.
- Even more users in Europe use on-line documentation (89.09%) and even fewer
use books (33.27%) or friends (25.22%).
- The use of books has risen noticeably since the Third survey, from 29.24% to 44.47% overall. The rise was even more pronounced for Europeans (up 15.78%) and females (up 16.99%).
- Fewer Weekend users consulted friends (24.54%) and gurus (17.31%) than did
Weekday users (30.32% friends, 21.00% gurus).
By Access Time
- More females consult books (9.17% more), friends (6.86% more), and gurus (12.06% more) than do males.
- Females consult on-line documentation less frequently than do males (5.88% less).
Table of Data for All Categories
For more information or to submit comments:
send e-mail to email@example.com.
GVU's WWW Surveying Team
Graphics, Visualization, & Usability Center
College of Computing
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, GA 30332-0280