Topics of Documents Authored
- For this question, users were allowed to mark more than one answer.
- By far, the most popular topics for pages are work-related (75.04%) and
personal pages (73.23%). The least popular topics are conferences (11.6%)
and sports (7.47%).
- Percentages in almost all areas increased or stayed the same compared to the Third survey.
The exceptions were Meta-indices (down 6.06%), research (down 3.37%) and personal pages (down 1.91%).
- More European users author research pages than do US users (39.53% vs.
- Slightly fewer Weekend users have authored pages on work and research.
By Access Time
- For most categories, there are fewer female authors than males. Those with
the greatest differences are: personal pages (64.45% vs. 75.51%), entertainment
pages (29.47% vs. 38.16%), and indices (12.71% vs. 20.27%).
Table of Data for All Categories
For more information or to submit comments:
send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GVU's WWW Surveying Team
Graphics, Visualization, & Usability Center
College of Computing
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, GA 30332-0280