Types and Regularity of Information Accessed
- For this question, users were asked to rate each category based on how
frequently they access this type of information.
- The category with the highest regular usage score is "Replace Other
Software" (6.789) which means using a Web browser to access FTP, Gopher,
WAIS, etc. databases.
- Other types of information frequently accessed are: reference information
(6.397), electronic news (5.820) and product information (5.496).
- Accessing the Web instead of watching TV also received a high rating
for US users (6.197) but only a moderate rating for European users (4.776).
- The least frequently accessed is shopping (2.568).
- Weekend users reported accessing the Web instead of watching TV more
frequently than Weekday users (6.587 Weekend, 5.902 Weekend).
By Access Time
- Females access product information less frequently than males do (4.658 female, 5.804 male).
Table of Data for All Categories
For more information or to submit comments:
send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GVU's WWW Surveying Team
Graphics, Visualization, & Usability Center
College of Computing
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, GA 30332-0280