Preferences Towards Different Media Types (images, sounds, etc.)
- For this question, users were asked to rate on a scale of 1 to 9 how
much they liked pages which contained these different media types.
- The most liked type is meta-indexes (7.68) followed closely by pages
which are searchable (7.67).
- The least preferred media type is movies with a rank of 4.09, which
is still quite high.
- Users in Europe preferred text slightly more and all other media slightly
less than users from the US.
- There were no significant differences between Weekend and Weekday users.
By Access Time
- Females indicated a slightly increased preference for meta-indexes and
text over males, but identical preferences in other categories.
Table of Data for All Categories
For more information or to submit comments:
send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GVU's WWW Surveying Team
Graphics, Visualization, & Usability Center
College of Computing
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, GA 30332-0280