Primary Use of Browser
- For this question, users were allowed to mark more than one answer.
- The most common use of browsers is simply for browsing (79.00%) followed
by entertainment (63.63%) and work (51.81%).
- The category with the least number of responses is "other" (10.83%) followed
closely by shopping (11.07%).
- Except academic research, a smaller percentage of users from Europe
identify the above mentioned categories as a primary use of their browser.
- More Weekend users identified browsing, education, entertainment, and
shopping as their primary uses.
By Access Time
- More females reported that their primary uses were education and academic
research than did males. More males reported business research and work as primary uses.
- The difference in entertainment use between males and females in the Third
survey (7.26%) is much less in the Fourth (1.38%).
Table of Data for All Categories
For more information or to submit comments:
send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GVU's WWW Surveying Team
Graphics, Visualization, & Usability Center
College of Computing
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, GA 30332-0280