- For this question, users were asked what strategies they use when browsing
the Web: Hotlist (users revisiting pages they have added to their hotlist), Search (using search engines such as Lycos), Meta-index (using large indices such as Yahoo), Opportunistic (following links from page to page as they are encountered), and URL (typing in known URLs).
- For this question, users were allowed to mark more than one answer.
- All categories had very high percentages. The highest was Hotlist (80.12%) and the lowest was URL (64.15%).
- Users from Europe reported using Meta-indices and Opportunistic strategies less frequently than US users.
- There were no significant differences between Weekend and Weekday users.
By Access Time
- Males reported using Hotlist, Search, and URLs more frequently than female
users. Females seemed to favor Meta-indices and Opportunistic strategies.
Table of Data for All Categories
For more information or to submit comments:
send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GVU's WWW Surveying Team
Graphics, Visualization, & Usability Center
College of Computing
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, GA 30332-0280