How Users Find Out About WWW Pages
- For this question, users were allowed to mark more than one answer.
- Most users find out about WWW pages from other Web pages (94.28%).
Other popular sources are friends (53.12%), magazines (64.94%) and Usenet (46.13%).
- More users in Europe find out about pages from Usenet than do users in
the US (4.32% more). More users in the US find out about pages from friends
(7.36% more) and other sources (4.32% more).
- Fewer Weekend users find out about Web pages from friends than do Weekday
users (5.01% less).
By Access Time
- A smaller percentage of females find out about pages from Usenet (37.06% vs. 50.07%) and magazines (59.12% vs. 66.88%) than do males.
Table of Data for All Categories
For more information or to submit comments:
send e-mail to email@example.com.
GVU's WWW Surveying Team
Graphics, Visualization, & Usability Center
College of Computing
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, GA 30332-0280