Speed of Connection to Internet
- The most common connection speed is 14 Kb/sec (33.70%) followed by
28 Kb/sec (26.63%). 14.53% of users are unsure of their connection speed.
- Many more users have 28 Kb/s than in the Third survey (14.56% more) but
the percentage of users with speeds less than or equal to 28 Kb/s is the
same across surveys (approximately 61%).
- In general, users in Europe seem to have faster connections than users
in the US.
- Weekend users tend to have slower connections than Weekday users with
74.59% of Weekend users having connections under 28 Kb/s compared to 57.58%
of Weekday users.
By Access Time
- A higher percentage of females than males are unsure of their connection
speed (31.84% vs. 8.44%).
Table of Data for All Categories
For more information or to submit comments:
send e-mail to email@example.com.
GVU's WWW Surveying Team
Graphics, Visualization, & Usability Center
College of Computing
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, GA 30332-0280