- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
2014 Financial Application Engineer
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: New York, NY
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Bloomberg's Research and Development department offers 2 exciting training program opportunities for students with a variety of academic backgrounds!
This role, the Financial Application Engineer, is designed for students who have NOT completed a computer science degree but have some exposure to programming and would like to pursue a career in software development. A minimum of 2 programming classes is required.
If you have completed a Computer Science degree or have completed the following coursework: Algorithms, Data structures, Operating Systems and 2 Programming classes then please apply to the 2014 Financial Software Developer training program.
All applicants are only eligible for one of the programs. Please apply to the training program that best meets your academic profile. All applications should include both a resume AND an official/unofficial transcript.
The Training Program
An extensive 16 week training program will provide technical and financial skills needed to succeed in Bloomberg's fast-paced and dynamic organization. Successful applicants will be involved in the design and development of state-of-the-art software for financial information products.
- Desire to design and develop financial software applications
- Completion of a Bachelors, Masters OR PhD degree in one of the following disciplines: Engineering , Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or related STEM field
- Two formal programming classes, or a Computer Science Minor
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Available to work full time in February 2014 - July 2014
Bloomberg puts a premium on applicants with a background in leadership, training and real world experience. We value military experience and welcome applicants from all service branches and their respective guard and reserve units.
How to Apply: Please apply directly online: http://careers.bloomberg.com/hire/jobs/job37860.html