- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Cloud Systems Administrator - 450
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Santa Barbara, CA
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
- Contact Information
- Name: Jenny Bernal
- Phone: 805.243.0927
- Email: Jenny@rightscale.com
- Website: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
● Ensuring the uptime of many cloud types and designs.
● Testing new and often undocumented cloud software.
● Troubleshoot complex networking, OS, software configuration, and product integration issues.
● Contribute fixes to cloud projects to ensure compatibility with RightScale.
● Automate cloud maintenance tasks using scripting
● Improve monitoring of cloud services
● Demonstrate excellent customer service skills through all levels of communication.
● Contribute to the knowledgebase, Wookiee and other RightScale resources to help build the best customer experience.
● Work closely with the team to ensure that all company and personal goals are met or exceeded.
The ideal candidate has a Technical Background and Experience that includes:
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
● Experienced in Linux system administration.
● Scripting experience, knowledge of Ruby and Python a plus.
● Quick learner, self-starter, willing to work in new areas.
● Configuration of software such as mysql, apache, memcached, rabbitmq
● Familiarity with virtualization technologies, preferably VMWare, XenServer, and KVM.
● Strong communication and collaboration skills used in a multi-disciplinary environment.
All candidates are expected to possess the following skill set:
● Flexibility in a dynamically growing/evolving company.
● Self-starting learner who thrives under pressure and enjoys success.
● Excellent communication skills and strong organizational skills.
● Dedication to individual development, challenging teamwork, and new technology.
RightScale is a great place to work and we are looking for only the best.
How to Apply: Please use the link below to apply: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=RIGHTSCALE&cws=1&rid=450