- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Company: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Compensation: $40,000 - $45,000/yr plus 29% benefits
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
- Contact Information
- Name: Annie Howerton
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.cdc.gov
The person in this position serves as a contractor for the CDC Foundation. The CDC Foundation connects the CDC with private-sector organizations and individuals to build public health programs that make our world healthier and safe. The contractor will be assigned to the CDC. Using knowledge of computer programming and experience with database design, development, documentation, and maintenance, the contractor will provide support services to assist the CDC team in implementing the Violence Against Children Survey (VACS) in PEPFAR-funded countries. Under the direction of CDC staff, the contractor will receive on-the-job training in CSPRO (Census and Survey Processing System) and other appropriate software to carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
· Build data dictionary
· Create and finalize data screens for data entry
· Design and apply logic code for CSPRO data entry
· Test CSPRO data applications
· Set up computers for data entry
· Train in-country information technology (IT) staff on use of CSPRO for data entry and edit checks
· Train in-country data entry clerks
· Create and execute plan for handling out-of-range edits and consistency checks
· Monitor initial data entry for errors
· Assist in creating aggregation programs for CSPRO data application
· Train in-country IT staff on data aggregation process
Certifications, License, Physical Requirements, or Other Expertise Required
· A degree in computer programming;
· Demonstrated use of PC-based database software such as SQL server, Crystal Reports, EPI INFO and Microsoft Access.
· Knowledge and experience with programming languages (e.g., C++, Visual Basic);
· Demonstrated experience designing, developing, and maintaining data collection information systems and performing computer programming, data management, documentation, and data analysis functions.
· Extensive international travel.
Other Highly Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Working knowledge of database design with a focus on designing and developing data entry software and reports that will facilitate data collection in the field activities and program objectives.
· Prior experience with surveys, surveillance systems, or large epidemiological studies.
· Experience using Excel and PowerPoint;
· Excellent project activity management, documentation, planning, and organizational skills.
· Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with experts across multiple disciplines.
· Expertise in preparing technical documentation and computer-generated reports.
· Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with various partners and colleagues.
· Practical knowledge of epidemiological survey research methods and statistical applications.
How to Apply: E-mail resume to Annie Howerton (firstname.lastname@example.org)