- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
HomeAbout the CollegeJob OpportunitiesCourse Assistant - GT Online Master of Science program with Udacity
Course Assistant - GT Online Master of Science program with Udacity
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
- Contact Information
- Name: Jennie Kim
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.udacity.com/jobs
Imagine you are creating a new course for the Online Master of Science (OMS) degree program in computer science offered by Georgia Tech: What will you do to make the course engaging, rewarding, and pedagogically sound? How will you design the best plan to deliver the course on time? What are the most common challenges your students will face, and what can you do to address them? How will you measure success? How will you apply technology to achieve all of this at a massive scale?
As a Course Assistant, you will be responsible for answering these questions and more, as you help develop exciting, innovative and rigorous new online courses with Georgia Tech, making a world-class graduate education in computer science accessible to hundreds of thousands of students across the globe.
What we’re looking for:
- You are both a passionate teacher and enthusiastic learner. You love learning and applying new skills to every challenge you face.
- You apply creative ideas and innovation to teaching.
- You thrive on teams. Collaborating with Georgia Tech OMS professors, engineers and production staff will be an important part of your role.
- You shine in front of the camera. You should feel comfortable teaching to thousands of students online.
- Research and deep thinking comes naturally to you. A big part of your role is developing questions that will help students learn.
- You are an analytical thinker and excellent communicator, someone who knows how to break-down complicated material and explain it in a way that students can understand.
- You have strong organizational skills and are comfortable tackling big projects.
- Minimum B.S. in Computer Science. M.S. or Ph.D in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- Previous teaching experience. This can be in an academic setting, or in another professional context.
This position is located in Mountain View, CA or Atlanta, GA. You must be open to working at either of these locations to be considered. Some travel is required.
Compensation commensurate with experience
Start date: Feb 2014 (flexible)
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume through jobvite: http://jobvite.com/m?32bGbgwP
How to Apply: http://jobvite.com/m?32bGbgwP