- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
HomeAbout the CollegeJob OpportunitiesCourse Manager (Student Support) - GT Online Master of Science program with Udacity
Course Manager (Student Support) - GT Online Master of Science program with Udacity
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
- Contact Information
- Name: Chris Van Groningen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.udacity.com/jobs
Course Manager - GA Tech
Course Support | Mountain View, CA, United States
Course Manager – GaTech Online MS in CS with Udacity
Are you passionate about learning and helping others learn? Are you excited about technology and want to leverage it to extend your pedagogical reach? Do you enjoy reviewing technical content and giving feedback? We are looking for you!
A Course Manager is a teacher and technical reviewer in one. You should take pride in ensuring that your students receive the best possible learning experience by working with them 1-on-1, handling course logistics, and reviewing course materials and giving quality feedback to Development Team. You will be part of the team that delivers courses in the online Master of Science (MS) degree program in Computer Science offered by Georgia Tech.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You have a BS in Computer Science or adjacent fields.
- You should be flexible in using, or learning to use, different methods of tracking and conveying information such as Zendesk, Google docs, online chat programs and email.
- You meet students at their level - you challenge advanced students and simplify material for those who are struggling.
- You were previously a TA.
- You can generate different explanations and analogies.
- You should be good at guiding students by asking questions and encouraging good debugging and reasoning practices, rather than explaining to them how to write the code.
- You are an analytical thinker able to diagnose student misconceptions.
- You are an excellent communicator: you have been called a great listener and writer.
- You are empathetic and a great mentor
- You thrive in teams.
- You have strong organizational skills and are comfortable with deadlines.
- You are creative and know how to give constructive feedback to make course materials both engaging and interesting for students.
- You are passionate about learning and can learn quickly.
Location: Atlanta, GA or Mountain View, CA. Working remotely from other US locations will be considered.
How to Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume through jobvite: http://jobvite.com/m?3FwJbgwQ