- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Company: IXL Learning
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: San Mateo, CA
At IXL Learning, we design first-of-their-kind products in the
educational technology space. As a Data Engineer, you will develop
sophisticated systems to analyze large amounts of data and extract
International candidates encouraged to apply, H1B sponsorships available.
- Apply data-mining and machine learning techniques to large structured and unstructured data sets.
- Work closely with product analysts and other engineers to develop a robust data platform.
- Utilize big data technologies like BigTable, Hadoop/HBase, Cassandra, etc.
- Be involved in all aspects of the development process, including design, coding, testing, debugging, and tuning.
- 2+ years of experience as a data engineer.
- Experience with a wide variety of data analysis theories and tools.
- Excellent programming skills in Java or other object-oriented language.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate in a small team.
- Passion for improving education through technology.
- Knowledge of Unix, Java, SQL, and source control.
- Applied Physics
- Computational and Mathematical Engineering
- Computer and Information Sciences
- Computer Science
- Computer Systems Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mathematical and Computational Science
- Symbolic Systems
Desired Graduation Dates
January 2007 - June 2014
Competitive salary and benefits
IXL Learning is an educational technology company like no other. We develop dramatically innovative, first-of-their-kind products used by millions of learners, from children to adults. Our IXL product (located at IXL.com) is the world's most popular subscription-based learning site for K-12. Our other products include Quia Web, the original 'create-your-own' website for teachers, and Quia Books, the leading online platform for world-languages courses.
How to Apply: We will be on campus this fall for the following events: 9/10 - College of Computing Career Fair 9/12 - On Campus Interview At IXL Learning, we are passionate about creating and supporting the best educational technology possible. People count on us to make learning as effective as it can be, and we are deeply committed to solving the real-world challenges faced by students and teachers around the planet. We're looking to add some more awesome people to our IXL team, so if you're interested in hearing more, come check us out at any or all of the events listed above! Additionally - if you wish to apply for any of our active positions prior to those events, please visit us on the web at www.ixl.com/jobs.