- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Data Engineer - Data Mining, ETL
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Santa Barbara, CA
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
As a Data Engineer, you are responsible for the development, integration, and scaling of our content platform. You will work closely with the product management and engineering teams to design, implement, and test complex technical solutions which optimize how data is retrieved, transformed, stored, presented, and distributed by our platform.
Please include your GPA (cumulative, and Major/Minor) and your graduation date (if still in school) on your resume or cover letter.
- Use ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) software to aggregate data from a variety of sources (government databases, product feeds, third-party API, etc.) and import into internal systems
- Work closely with product managers to perform transformations and analysis on data to create unique, high-value datasets used to build new comparisons
- Assist product managers in database design and creation, indexing and query optimization
- Manage database backup schedules and troubleshoot technical issues
- Contribute to the development of a streamlined data integration and Q/A process across the company
- High GPA and a rigorous course of study
- Knowledge about Sphinx or Apache Lucene is highly preferred
- Comfort working in a UNIX environment (or excited to learn)
- Data-driven mindset, strong problem solving skills
- Strong interest in technology, especially Big Data, and startups
- A competitive, ethical, and fair personality with a passion to win
Benefits: Paid Time off as well as Health and Dental Insurance. Office snacks and drinks, personal trainer, ping-pong and foosball.
How to Apply: Please apply at http://www.findthebest.com/jobs. Position is under Engineering header.