- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
- Contact Information
- Name: Jemia Young
- Phone: 404.682.5813
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.teksystems.com
· Responsible for designing and maintaining logical and physical data models.
· Plays a critical role serving as a communication conduit between the internal Bank teammates and the development organization by providing information as to what data is available, where it is and how to access it, along with definitions of what it means.
· Gathers and analyzes data and business requirements and translates them into a relational data model.
· Partner with LOBs and other EIS professionals, combining banking objectives with Enterprise Information and Data Architecture strategies and principles.
· Participates in Horizon and Concept Assessment activities, creates the logical data model and the first cut of the physical data model, creates, maintains, and enforces data modeling and naming standards and Information and Data Architecture Strategies, provides data definition language (DDL) to the database administrators for implementation into the database management system (DBMS)
Demonstrated work in Systems, Data Assets, Business Acumen:
· Proficiency in Business Rules development and reverse engineering of database systems.
· Expert in Enterprise Integrated, Normalized/Dimensional Logical and Physical Modeling, Logical Modeling in ERWin, Data Analysis, and Data Profiling.
· Proficient in Enterprise Integrated Logical Modeling, Data profiling, Data requirements development, data mapping and JAD requirements building
· Competent in data warehousing, metadata repository, analysis of business needs, requirements interviewing and requirements walk through, transformation of requirements into a logical and physical data model.
· Expert in dimensional modeling
· Semantic mapping
· Competency in DB2/UDB on AIX/Unix
· Bachelor’s degree 7+ years progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency and understanding and/or training related to the position.
· The Data Modeler is responsible for designing and maintaining logical and physical data models. This position plays a critical role as it serves as a communication conduit between the internal Bank clients and the development organization by providing information as to what data is available, where it is and how to access it, along with definitions of what it means.
· The Data Modeler gathers and analyzes data and business requirements and translates them into a relational data model.
· The Data Modeler role, in a close partnership with the LOBs and other EIS professionals, combines an in-depth knowledge of banking objectives with a comprehensive understanding of Enterprise Information Architecture strategies and principles, to develop, champion, and execute break-through strategies utilizing information as a competitive differentiator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· 5-10% Gather, document and apply data model changes as requested by application systems.
· 15-25% Develop Superior working knowledge with CASE tools such as Erwin in order to design and maintain data models (logical/physical), which includes: Following data standards, guidelines and procedures.
· Preparing data related documentation for application systems and clients.
· 15-25% Coordinate activates of assigned projects to meet project deadlines.
· 10-20% Interface with clients regarding projects as required.
· 10-20% Participate in data modeling design meetings, including JAR and JAD sessions.
· 10-25% Leading Horizon and Concept Assessment process.
· 10-25% Coaching and mentoring junior Data Modelers.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS:
· Demonstrated aptitude and extensive understanding of technical issues and solutions in relation to current as well as future business environments.
· Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of explaining technical information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff.
· Demonstrated analytical and abstract skills in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and multifaceted business issues.
· Demonstrate success at working with clients to understand the business needs and developing effective, scalable and complete data models to meet the business requirements.
· Demonstrate superior knowledge of relational database design, including dimensional modeling design.
· Demonstrate superior knowledge of data driven methodology.
· Demonstrate adept skills using Microsoft suite of products effectively, including Visio.
· Demonstrate ability to works well within structured project guidelines with no supervision required and very little guidance required
· Demonstrate superior listener and communicator.
· Demonstrate superior analytical skills.
How to Apply: Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org