- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Company: Center for Shared Services (Client)
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Alexandria, VA
- Educational Requirements: Masters Degree
- Contact Information
- Name: Liz Hine
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://the-css.org/job-board/
A Center for Shared Services client seeks a Data Scientist to discover actionable insights using a large repository of individual-level data. The ideal candidate is someone who has significant analytical experience with very large datasets and is looking to leverage that knowledge to make a difference in economic freedom. The client’s mission focuses on providing data, consultative support, and easy to use technology through excellent customer service and superior data quality.
- Build and shape tools and products by applying advanced analytical techniques to large datasets.
- Develop and apply models that predict individuals’ propensity to engage in a behavior or hold a particular viewpoint.
- Design and implement new visualization techniques to help customers extract more meaning from their data.
- Work with technical staff to develop and refine data storage frameworks that are optimized for analytical use.
- Help design and build processes for evaluating and incorporating a variety of new incoming datasets.
- Present analytical results, both orally and in writing, to technical and non-technical audiences.
- MS or PhD in a technical field, preferably statistics, mathematics, computer science, systems engineering, or a related field. Those with a non-technical degree but extensive technical experience are also encouraged to apply.
- 5+ years of experience with SPSS, SAS, R, Stata, or equivalent platform. Mastery of at least one statistical package is required.
- 3+ years of experience using a big data storage framework such as large scale partitioned relational databases, Hadoop, Hive, or similar large scale data frameworks
- Theoretical knowledge and extensive experience with advanced analytical techniques, including data mining, machine learning, and predictive modeling is required
- Real-world experience manipulating large data sets using Python, Perl, SQL, shell scripts, or similar
- Experience with terabyte-class datasets and “big data” storage frameworks is a huge plus, as is a background in visualization, computer science, or relational databases. Consumer modeling and experience with commercial databases a big plus. Real-world experience creating actionable data visualizations for consumption by non-technical audiences
- Strong math and statistics background
- Experience in risk management or fraud detection a big plus
- Political/advocacy experience in activist or free market organizations and experience working with voter files a big plus
- Experience with datamart-style dimensional databases a plus
How to Apply: Please visit http://the-css.org/job/data-scientist/ to apply.