- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Contact Information
- Name: Nikki Hughes
- Phone: 404.620.9764
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.simplepart.com/
SimplePart is seeking an experienced DBA to monitor and manage our Microsoft SQL Server environments as well as oversee (and participate in) ongoing SQL development and data movement. Ideal candidates for this position will have OLTP high-availability experience, a background in SQL development and experience working with many different database platforms.
The web user experience we deliver is majority-generated within SQL Server, using historical behavior data to personalize navigation, recommendations and product meta-data for each pageview. We deliver millions of daily pageviews, with millisecond sensitivity – that load is supported by our custom-built federated, load balanced, solid-state production SQL Server environment. Behind the scenes our Control Panel and Reporting infrastructure runs on a multi-terabyte real-time data warehouse.
This is not a traditional prod/support or dev/dba position - your role here will be active and hands-on. You will be part of day-to-day product development, and will have a meaningful impact on our company and customers.
- 24/7 monitoring and support of highly-available SQL environments.
- Manage and participate in ongoing SQL code and schema development.
- Manage data import processes for integration of new product information into our core catalogs.
Strong candidates will:
- Be able to speak to the fundamentals of database design and underlying structure.
- Be self-managed with a passion for learning and exploring data.
- Have several years SQL development experience.
- Have experience performance tuning.
- Have administration experience which includes highly-available systems.
- Have the ability to multitask and reprioritize on the fly.
- Have experience working with very large databases.
Special consideration will be given to candidates with:
- DTS/ETL experience.
- Programming experience.
- Knowledge of the automotive industry and culture.
- Automotive or motorcycle dealership experience.
You’ll be working in a close-knit, fast-paced atmosphere as a part of a team of talented developers and DBAs. You will have the opportunity to learn about and be involved with every aspect of how our business runs. SimplePart provides turn-key catalog websites and marketing services for car and motorcycle dealers to sell parts on the web. At present, our portfolio of 100+ client websites serve a worldwide user base of more than 2,200,000 monthly unique website visitors and deliver more than 11,000,000 daily page-views.
We are an established, solidly profitable company with a start-up working environment and a brilliant team. This is a FULL TIME W2 position. We offer company-paid health/dental/vision/life benefits, FSA, matching 401(k), paid vacation, dog-friendly office, relaxed dress code, eclectic company culture, and a great office location in Inman Park.
How to Apply: Be sure to include a cover letter that gives us an idea of your personality, who you are and what you're all about. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include salary requirements when you send your application.