- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Company: Axion BioSystems, Inc.
- General Information
- Job Type: Internship
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Compensation: Commensurate with experience
- Contact Information
- Name: Andy Heckerling
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.axionbiosystems.com/
Axion BioSystems is an early-stage biotechnology company creating advanced research tools at the intersection of biology, micro/nanotechnology, electronics, and software. Our systems and consumables are used in studies of neural and cardiac cellular networks, for applications including drug development and chemical toxicity analysis. We are looking for a full- or part-time employee to add functionality to a custom manufacturing database application. This application tracks our products through the manufacturing process and collects data for organization and quality optimization. We are located on the Georgia Tech campus, in the Ford ES&T building. We are looking for someone to work 20 to 40 hours a week for the summer, depending on the candidate's availability. There is a possibility of continuing the project beyond the end of the summer as well.
Job responsibilities include:
- Develop forms and code in Microsoft Access to display and manipulate data.
- Develop code to automate the loading of data into the database.
- Plan and implement additions or changes to the database structure to support new functionality.
- A strong understanding of SQL databases and how to use them.
- Knowledge of SQL and the ability to write SQL queries.
Note that database administration is <em>not</em> required.
- Experience with Microsoft Access
- Experience writing code in VBA (for example, in Access or Excel).
- Experience accessing a database from any high-level language (for example, Java or Python).
How to Apply: To apply, please e-mail a resume to email@example.com. A cover letter is optional but encouraged.