- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Company: Sprout Social
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact Information
- Name: Jim Conti
- Phone: 773.227.7528
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Jim Conti Recruiter Sprout Social email@example.com @SproutJim
- Website: http://www.sproutsocial.com
Sprout Social is a state-of-the-art, truly killer social media management platform and we work with global names like Yammer, Twilio, McDonald’s, and Fender. As we grow at break-neck speed, we need the next generation of developers to take Sprout Social into the stratosphere.
Front End. Back End. We want the best engineers to join our team! So, what qualities and characteristics do we expect from our all-star developers?
Front End Masterminds
- · You’re obsessively on top of the latest HTML5/CSS3
- · You want to use every Modernizr test that’s humanly possible
- · Your software design skills are unrivaled
- · You deploy bulletproof code with a bit of extra time to spare
Back End Architects
- · You use the latest techniques and tricks, from hadoop to tornado, to build software that makes your mother proud
- · Cassandra, MySQL, Redis, Kafka, Solr, hbase, Java, and Python could be mistaken as a list of your best friends
- · You’re on top of the latest and greatest in scaling techniques
- · You play nice with others – and are an Open Source contributor
In a typical day, you’ll build new product features, improve existing features, and fix problems identified by our global user-base. From concept to testing to launch day and beyond, all of our engineers participate as active team players in order to meet tight deadlines and deliver for our customers.
How will you know if it’s a good fit? As you evaluate your options, consider this:
- · You’ll be at an industry-leading company with an unrelenting focus on making the best product possible
- · You’ll no doubt challenge your coding skills while working with developers who are at the top of the game
- · None of us are ever satisfied with good enough, we demand the best
- · We’ll always value your contributions to our collective success
Oh, and two final things:
1. Be passionate about and have an understanding of social media. No need to be an expert, but even better if you’re an active user.
2. It’s preferable that you be a nice, respectful person. It may sound silly, but we’re a tightly knit group and don’t have time for senseless shenanigans.
- · Competitive Salary
- · Stock Options
- · Full Medical, Dental and Vision Health Benefits (individual and family)
- · Retirement Plans
- · Sprout Happy Hours
- · Free Lunch
- · Fully Stocked Kitchens
- · New Offices in the West Loop
- · Lots of Apple products
About Sprout Social
At Sprout Social, we embrace and revel in the fact that social media is a crucial component of brand and customer relationships. Our team of dedicated engineers, marketers, designers, product specialists and customer service professionals work tirelessly for our customers. Team Sprout also boasts a quirky and culturally diverse combination of personal characteristics and interests. From foodies to fearless travelers to amateur photographers, we share our stories and enrich each other's lives through teamwork, healthy competition and mutual respect. A sustained love of all things social guides us, day after day. Founded in 2010, Sprout is a private company backed by the venture funds of NEA and Lightbank.
Think you’re the perfect fit? Hit us up:
· Send a resume and your proudest code samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- During the interview process you’ll be immersed in Sprout’s culture and get some hands-on work to prove you’re a leader of the pack
How to Apply: Email cover letter, resume, and code samples to email@example.com