- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Company: Shadow-Soft, LLC
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
- Contact Information
- Name: Gina Dukes
- Phone: 404.620.3614
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: For further information regarding this position please contact Gina Dukes, Human Resources for Shadow-Soft. email@example.com
- Website: http://shadow-soft.com/
DevOps Engineer I
Shadow-Soft is looking for a motivated and experienced DevOps Engineer to architect, implement and maintain continuous delivery solutions. The DevOps engineer will be required to work closely with pre-sales teams to implement Open Source projects. As a member of our professional services team, you will be working to integrate OSS tools and applications with physical and virtual infrastructure to support the development and deployment of state of the art software solutions. Excellent communication and team skills are required, as well as the ability to juggle multiple projects, document your work and rapidly master new tools, utilities and products.
- DevOps technologies including Puppet, Chef, and other tools as necessary
- Familiarity with a multitude of OSS tools and utilities for managing, monitoring and troubleshooting Linux infrastructure and networks
- Experience with deployment to secured facilities
- Recommend and execute Linux server hardware and software configuration, installation, patching, integration, upgrades and performance tuning
- Support daily operations to Linux server such as capacity management, performance monitoring, provisioning, and network systems connectivity
- Define and implement automated system installation/configuration procedures
- Experience administering servers, backup operations, and systems monitoring in multiple and complex network server environments
- Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills, particularly with networking and the TCP/IP stack
- Management of all VMware based infrastructure for the company, including its ESXi clusters
- Strong familiarity with the agile development cycle and the associated tools, such as JIRA, Maven, Jenkins/Hudson, source management, etc.
- Networking and network security experience, including routing and switching, packet sniffing, managing SSL certificates, configuring firewalls and Cisco appliances.
- Up to 50% travel required.
- Puppet, Chef or other DevOps experience
- Ability to configure and automate server builds
- Linux shell scripting
- Experience with creation and management of VMware based virtual infrastructure using ESX/ESXi
- Strong experience with Linux (Redhat, CentOS, Ubuntu) administration
- Must have desire to learn new skills and work with new technologies
- Experience working in an engineering or scientific environment
- Knowledge of Java, Ruby
- Experience with: Jira, Jenkins, github, HDFS, Hadoop, Cloudera, Hbase, zookeeper, redis, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, JBoss, OSGI, Virgo, Puppet, DevOps
- Vmware ESXi experience
- Experience deploying mission critical systems, internal or on customer site.
- Experience optimizing environments for high performance
- Experience with planning for SLA-quality support
How to Apply: Apply online at http://shadow-soft.com/shadow-soft-employment-application/ You can also email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a copy of your resume.