- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
EHR Coding Revenue Integration Consultant
Company: The Southeast Permanente Medical Group, Inc.
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The EHR Coding Revenue Integration Consultant is responsible for:
1 – Perform root cause analysis of issues around physician ordering, coding, and revenue capture; develops cross-application solution design (system and/or workflow based).
2 - Evaluate HealthConnect (Epic) configuration for optimization of procedure ordering and revenue capture as it relates to EpicCare Ambulatory, ASAP, Radiant, Cerner, and Resolute.
3 - Collaborate with Revenue Cycle, Nurses, Physicians, & HealthConnect (Epic System) leaders to optimize KP's success by ensuring optimal system configuration for complete and accurate data flow.
4-Serve as liaison to the HIMS Coding Manager to facilitate the creation of needed procedure and diagnosis codes to support Physician workflows.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of equivalent related education and work experience
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and pathophysiology
- 5 years of professional experience in a health care provider or health plan setting (or 3 years with MBA/MHA/equivalent master degree), which include 3 years of coding / revenue cycle operations
- 5 years of healthcare coding experience (ICD9, ICD10, CPT, HCPCS, etc)
- 5 years of professional experience working in an EMR system with focus on the coding and billing configuration
- Must be able to review and analyze data from all aspects of the revenue cycle, including vendor contracts, charge masters, procedures, and claims
- Must understand the business flow in the front end revenue cycle, and help customers to refine and improve their process
- Proven ability to conduct detailed analyses to draw conclusions, and develop pertinent and insightful recommendations
- Knowledge of Medical Records documentation guidelines - 1997
- Demonstrated ability to work well with physicians, nurses and teams
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 Coding systems and knowledge of HCPCS Level II coding system required
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, disease processes, and pharmacology
- Coding Certification through the American Health Information Management Association as a CCS-P or RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician) or RHIA (Registered Health Information Administrator) and/or through the American Academy of Professional Coders as a CPC
- Highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently with minimal supervision
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management Systems, Health Management, Informatics or a related field
- Five or more years experience in the coding field. Additional experience in reimbursement and/or billing functions will be valuable
- Epic EpicCare Ambulatory and/or Resolute certification
- 6 or more years of professional experience in a health care provider or health plan setting (or 3 years with MBA/MHA/equivalent master degree), which include 3 years of coding / revenue cycle operations
- 6 or more years of healthcare coding experience (ICD9, ICD10, CPT, HCPCS, etc)
- 3 or more years of experience working with EpicCare Ambulatory and Epic PB system
- Demonstrated experience working with application teams and business end users to solve complex EMR system issues
- Experience with understanding how to trend reports generated by the EMR to track root cause issues
- Knowledge of governmental standards and guidelines applicable to coding and billing
- Knowledge and/or work experience with Convergent Medical Terminology (CMT)
- Expertise in Microsoft office suite
- May also have other credentials or other specialized certifications to demonstrate advancement eligibility and subject matter expertise as approved by management.
Required Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation:
- ICD10 coding certification
- Coding Certification through the American Health Information Management Association as a CCS-P or RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician) or RHIA (Registered Health Information Administrator) and/or through the American Academy of Professional Coders
- Certified Professional Coder : CPC or CCS-P
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug/nicotine-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
How to Apply: www.tspmg.com