- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Company: Hewlett-Packard Houston
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Houston, TX
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
- Contact Information
- Name: Lijun Qin
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/jobsathp/index.html
Job Opening at Hewlett-Packard Houston
Entry Level Power Supply Hardware Engineer
HP’s Industry Standard Server (ISS) group is seeking a highly dynamic and motivated entry level
hardware engineer to join the Power Supply team. You will work in a tightly collaborative team within a
fast-paced stimulating environment to develop the next generation of HP power solutions, including
power supplies, battery backup, UPS, and power distribution units. To support the rapid and widespread
growth of computing worldwide, HP develops industry-leading solutions to maximize the efficiency and
utilization of power in its server, storage, and networking products. Your fresh perspectives and
innovative ideas will facilitate the embodiment of these solutions into new power architectures and
firmware. This position is especially appropriate for recent college graduates with career growth
potential. Our diverse and dynamic team will help accelerate the utilization of your expertise to solve
real-world engineering problems, while achieving your career goals.
• Assist in the design and development of power supplies for ESSN. Analyze hardware to
component level; provide engineering design support, works with suppliers and ODM partners
for implementation into power supply products.
• Conducts feasibility studies, design margin and validation analyses and empirical testing on new
and modified designs.
• Assists in architecture development and assessment.
• Evaluates reliability of materials, processes, designs, and techniques used in production.
• Support power supply vendors in meeting product specifications.
• Testing and qualifying alternate components.
• Support in maintaining supplier's product quality.
• Assist system engineers to debug power delivery issues.
• Support product design verification; including test plan development and execution.
• Qualify and test hardware and firmware used in power supply.
• Support issues found during system integration testing.
• Work with program managers and design engineers to determine logic and functional
requirements, generate test plans, test procedures and test fixtures.
• Interface with OEM manufacturers regarding power supply test plans and procedures during
• Design or assist design engineers with analog I/O interface circuits for monitoring and
controlling power supply functions.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering. Analog and Power Electronics preferred.
Computer Science or Computer Engineering with electrical or electronic content, or equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills
• Experience and/or familiarity with lab equipment including oscilloscopes, current/voltage
probes, power meters, data loggers, AC/DC sources, electronic loads, power supplies,
soldering/de-soldering, and mechanical tools
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to understand business impact of technical decisions.
• Basic understanding of power supply topologies, architecture knowledge, and power supply
• Familiar with power factor correction, redundancy, distributed power, battery backup is helpful.
• Familiar with international safety and EMC requirements.
• Knowledge of computer architecture is preferred.
• Basic understanding of product development and manufacturing processes.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Interworking with multinational functional
groups, mostly Asia.
• Ability to formulate ideas, theories and analysis with clear organization.
• Mastery in English and local language. Mandarin Chinese would be an asset. Ability to effectively
communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at the engineering
• Must have a legal right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
• No later than August 2013
• Houston TX 77070 USA
E-mail resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply: Email resume to email@example.com