- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Company: Hewlett-Packard Houston
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Houston, TX
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
- Contact Information
- Name: Lijun Qin
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/jobsathp/index.html
Job Opening at Hewlett-Packard Houston
Entry Level Storage Firmware Engineer
HP’s Industry Standard Server and Software(ISS) is seeking a highly dynamic and motivated entry
level firmware engineer to join the Smart Storage Team. You will work in a tightly collaborative
team within a fast-paced stimulating environment to develop the next generation HP Smart Array
Controllers, a key component of HP’s flagship Proliant Servers.
To defy the challenges posed by virtualization and cloud computing, HP is embarking on a number
of brand new initiatives for cutting-edge storage devices, delivering state-of-art storage services
to the applications of the emerging solutions. Addressing highly demanding performance,
caching, security, large data sets, dynamic data placement, and management requirements. Your
fresh perspectives and innovative ideas will facilitate the embodiment of these solutions into
architectures and firmware.
This position is especially appropriate for recent college graduates with tremendously huge
career growth potential. Our excellent training/monitoring will accelerate the utilization of your
expertise to solve real-world engineering problems, while achieving your career goals.
• Codes and programs enhancements, updates, and changes for portions and subsystems
• Executes established test plans and protocols for assigned portions of code; identifies,
logs, and debugs assigned issues.
• Develops understanding of and relationship with internal and outsourced development
partners on firmware design and development.
• Participates as a member of a project team of other firmware engineers and internal
and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high
quality solutions for low to moderately-complex products.
• Works with the testing team to ensure that solutions are fully tested and issues are
debugged to root cause.
• Provides documentation for all work for common review
• Participates in code review and group design meetings
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information
Systems, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
Knowledge and Skills
• Proficiency in C is required.
• C++/Assembly programing experience is highly desired.
• Script(bash/tcsh/perl/python etc) programing experience is nice to have.
• Experience or understanding of firmware design tools and languages.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills.
• Understanding of firmware and hardware design principles.
• Understanding of basic testing, coding, release processes, and debugging procedures
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
• Familiar with the agile code development methodologies
• Must have a legal right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
• No later than August 2013
• Houston TX 77070 USA
• E-mail it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply: E-mail resume to: email@example.com