- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
- Contact Information
- Name: Nikki Hughes
- Phone: 404.620.9764
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.simplepart.com/
SimplePart is seeking an experienced ETL developer to manage and maintain the data import processes which intake and integrate new/updated auto and motorcycle parts information into our core normalized product catalogs. These processes are built using a mix of DTS, SSIS, SQL scripts and custom stand-alone tools which together intake and scrub terabytes of data (millions of part numbers) each month. You will own, build, automate and manage these systems.
Incoming product information comes to us in a variety of database formats, many of which are not mainline systems in popular use. In some cases we have built tools (C, VFP, etc) which access database files at a low- level to read and extract information – in others, ODBC does the work for us. You will have an opportunity here to work with many different database systems, and to use your programming experience to explore the underlying engineering of new database systems and build tools to manipulate data.
- Build and manage data import tools and processes for integration of new/updated product information into our core normalized catalogs in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Sanity check and validate changes to ensure data quality.
Strong candidates will:
- Be able to speak to the fundamentals of database design and underlying structure.
- Be self-managed with a passion for learning and exploring data.
- Have the ability to multitask and reprioritize on the fly.
- Be able to explore and understand new datasets easily.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and the ability to understand and evaluate changing data.
Special consideration will be given to candidates with:
- DTS/ETL experience.
- Programming experience.
- Knowledge of the automotive industry and culture.
- Automotive or motorcycle dealership experience.
You’ll be working in a close-knit, fast-paced atmosphere as a part of a team of talented developers and DBAs. You will have the opportunity to learn about and be involved with every aspect of how our business runs. SimplePart provides turn-key catalog websites and marketing services for car and motorcycle dealers to sell parts on the web. At present, our portfolio of 100+ client websites serve a worldwide user base of more than 2,200,000 monthly unique website visitors and deliver more than 11,000,000 daily page-views.
We are an established, solidly profitable company with a start-up working environment and a brilliant team. This is a FULL TIME W2 position. We offer company-paid health/dental/vision/life benefits, FSA, matching 401(k), paid vacation, dog-friendly office, relaxed dress code, eclectic company culture, and a great office location in Inman Park.
How to Apply: Be sure to include a cover letter that gives us an idea of your personality, who you are and what you're all about. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.