- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Company: IXL Learning
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: San Mateo, CA
- Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits
IXL Learning’s creative, elegant user interfaces excite and motivate students around the globe every day. Our Front-End Software Engineers develop novel and interactive UIs to help students learn and allow teachers to access and interpret their students’ data.
International candidates encouraged to apply, H1B sponsorships available.
As a Front-End Software Engineer at IXL, you will focus on building the user-visible components of the site and making them work smoothly with the back end. Although this position is centered on developing user interfaces, it also requires extensive back-end programming and design.
- 1 to 5 years of experience in software engineering.
- Have a solid grasp of general programming principles.
- Passion for creating user interfaces that are responsive and easy to use.
- Familiarity with browser quirks.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a wide variety of teams.
- Passion for improving education through technology.
- Familiarity with the YUI3 library is a plus.
IXL Learning is an educational technology company like no other. We develop dramatically innovative, first-of-their-kind products used by millions of learners, from children to adults. Our IXL product (located at IXL.com) is the world's most popular subscription-based learning site for K-12. Our other products include Quia Web, the original 'create-your-own' website for teachers, and Quia Books, the leading online platform for world-languages courses.
** Come visit our booth at the College of Computing Spring Career Fair on January 30th! We will also be hosting an on-campus interview on February 1st-- please sign up via CareerBuzz. You can also visit us on the Web at: www.ixl.com/jobs.
How to Apply: ** Come visit our booth at the College of Computing Spring Career Fair on January 30th! We will also be hosting an on-campus interview on February 1st-- please sign up via CareerBuzz. You can also visit us on the Web at: www.ixl.com/jobs.