- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
High Performance Computing Systems Support Assistant
Company: Office of Information Technology
- General Information
- Job Type: Part-time
- Location: Atlanta, GA
We are seeking a dedicated Co-Op/hourly student to assist our operations team with the daily monitoring and break/fix operations of servers, networking and storage components that constitute the HPC clusters in our datacenter. The responsibilities will include but not limited to,
- Monitoring systems status, problem diagnosis and resolution
- Contact vendor companies for basic troubleshooting and RMAs.
- Component/system level hardware replacement as necessary.
- Maintain documentation, including configuration changes as needed.
- Getting newly purchased units ready for production (may require unboxing and installation).
- Installation of system images, firmware, and performing basic configuration.
- Evaluation of test systems.
- Help with other daily data center operations such as cabling, rack maintenance, etc.
We strongly encourage creativity in our team, and are open to reshaping some of these tasks around student's abilities and/or professional development interests.
- Ability to perform break/fix operations on computing, networking and storage systems
- Experience with Linux Operating Systems and commands.
- Familiarity with at least one text-based editor (vi, emacs, nano)
- Familiarity with basic shell programming (bash, csh, etc)
- Ability to lift items by up to 25 lbs.
- Basic understanding of HPC systems and operations
- background on script programming (python, perl, etc)
- Familiarity with cluster resource managers and schedulers (torque, moab, sge, lsf, etc)
- Ability to perform basic SQL queries
How to Apply: Please visit: http://pace.gatech.edu/high-performance-computing-systems-support-assistant