- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Company: George Walton Academy
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Monroe, GA
George Walton Academy is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our faculty as a high school technology teacher with the expertise to teach a wide variety of technology based courses. George Walton Academy has set an objective in providing a top ranked technology readiness program and we are looking for an individual that can develop a blueprint and implement a measurable program. This individual will have overall responsibility for the technology curriculum K4 through 12 and will be accountable for developing a seamless curriculum that meets/exceeds the growing needs of our students. We are searching for an individual who can teach a wide variety of technology based classes including AP Technology, robotics and other advanced technology courses.
- Minimum teaching requirements: Computer Technology I & II, Programming I & II, Web design I & II. [course descriptions below]
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or similar
- Experience with effective technology teaching strategies in teaching software and hardware skills
- Understanding of key learning theories and methods of instruction and their relation to technology integration
- Technology skills in up-to-date computer software including word processing, databases, spreadsheets, web-page development, presentation and multimedia development, basic web server maintenance, digital video and audio editing, image processing, graphics abilities, basic programming
- Familiarity with methods for integrating technology into the curriculum
- The applicant should have experience in the organization and presentation of professional development and possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to guide, lead, and collaborate is essential.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement best practices related to technology use
- Establish an environment that encourages students' creative and independent use of instructional technology
- Offer student technology clubs and independent study in use of technology
Curriculum and Assessment
- Assist with developing and maintaining technology related lesson, curriculum, and standards documents
- Assist in designing, coordinating, conducting and evaluating professional development in areas of instructional technology integration
- Assist in providing teachers with strategies to effectively use technology to achieve school goals
- Model the effective integration of technology in all curriculum areas; teach and/or team-teach technology related lessons as needed with classroom teachers
- Assist in facilitating the use of existing and emerging technology by students and staff
- Attend common planning times with content area teachers to offer assistance with technology integration through lesson-planning.
Planning and Administration
- Participate as a member of the faculty in meetings and events
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume and a letter of interest to Amanda Colbert at firstname.lastname@example.org