- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Company: Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
- General Information
- Job Type: Internship
- Location: Sunnyvale, CA
- Educational Requirements: High School Diploma
Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc. (MBRDNA), a Daimler company, consists of five business areas including Group Research and Advanced Engineering, Mercedes-Benz TechCenter, eDrive & Powertrain, Mercedes-Benz Advanced Design, and Advanced User Experience Design. All five business areas are focused on delivering a positive impact on Daimler products through the advancement of safe, convenient, and sustainable vehicles. Working together, MBRDNA remains a successful symbol of automotive research and development in North America.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Karl Benz over 125 years ago.
We are seeking a Human Machine Interaction (HMI) Intern to help create future infotainment systems and driver interactions for the Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America. This position requires a strong understanding of the human-centered design process and a passion for improving in-vehicle driver experience. This is a six months internship starting as soon as possible.
The essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Areas of focus include:
- Usability and Human Computer Interaction concepts for infotainment systems
- General vehicle interaction concepts
- Technology and trend exploration and foresight
- Understand automotive HMI technology space
- Formulate insights to develop/improve vehicle HMI
- Support develop wireframes, mockups and storyboards
- Support development of HMI specifications for various in-vehicle and iPhone Apps
- Support HMI projects; driver distraction and compliance testing
- Work with German stakeholders and deliver results
he ideal candidate would need the following skills and abilities:
- Comfortable with working under tight deadlines and release schedules
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously in an agile, cross-functional, development environment.
- Wireframing experience with Visio
- Visual design experience with Photoshop or equivalent
- Experience in designing native apps for platforms such as iOS, Android and Windows is a plus
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Currently enrolled in a B.S. or M.S in Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction or other related degree
- Experience with concept generation, brainstorming, ideation, iteration
How to Apply: You can view and apply for this job at: https://recruitment.daimler.com/psp/hr90pwext/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=1008184&SiteId=14&PostingSeq=1