- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Company: IXL Learning
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: San Mateo, CA
We are seeking software engineers who have a passion for technology
and education to help us build and maintain the core infrastructure
for our extremely successful educational products. As an IXL
Infrastructure Engineer, you’ll work closely with our product teams
and have visibility to all parts of our code and products, focusing
on performance, uptime, scalability, and reliability.
International candidates encouraged to apply, H1B sponsorships available.
- Design, build, and maintain scalable and robust infrastructure and services for all of our products.
- Participate in live performance monitoring, which includes building the tools that allow us to detect and address trouble spots.
- Troubleshoot and fix production performance and security issues.
- Develop tools, procedures, and documentation to improve team efficiency.
- Have a solid grasp of general programming principles.
- Passion for building back-end software that is fast, bulletproof, modular, and easy to use.
- Comfortable both building new systems from scratch and also retrofitting existing systems.
- Excellent programming skills in Java or other object-oriented language.
- Experience with Linux/Unix, SQL, and scripting languages.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a wide variety of teams.
- Passion for improving education through technology.
- Applied Physics
- Computational and Mathematical Engineering
- Computer and Information Sciences
- Computer Science
- Computer Systems Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mathematical and Computational Science
- Symbolic Systems
Desired Graduation Dates
January 2007 - June 2014
Competitive salary and benefits
IXL Learning is an educational technology company like no other. We develop dramatically innovative, first-of-their-kind products used by millions of learners, from children to adults. Our IXL product (located at IXL.com) is the world's most popular subscription-based learning site for K-12. Our other products include Quia Web, the original 'create-your-own' website for teachers, and Quia Books, the leading online platform for world-languages courses.
How to Apply: We will be on campus this fall for the following events: 9/10 - College of Computing Career Fair 9/12 - On Campus Interview At IXL Learning, we are passionate about creating and supporting the best educational technology possible. People count on us to make learning as effective as it can be, and we are deeply committed to solving the real-world challenges faced by students and teachers around the planet. We're looking to add some more awesome people to our IXL team, so if you're interested in hearing more, come check us out at any or all of the events listed above! Additionally - if you wish to apply for any of our active positions prior to those events, please visit us on the web at www.ixl.com/jobs.