- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
IT Development Program Associate (Developer, Tester, and Computer Engineer roles available)
Company: Capital One
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Varies
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
- Contact Information
- Name: Lauren Binder
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Lauren Binder Senior Campus Recruiter email@example.com
- Website: http://www.capitalone-campus.com/
What is Capital One?
Capital One Financial is an unconventional, top-ten bank and top-5 credit card issuer challenging the status quo in financial services.
• Analytical, Strategy- Driven Company – Combines strategy consulting disciplines directly into day-to-day operations and businesses
• Innovation Leader – Pioneer in new product, pricing, risk management and marketing business strategies
• Superior Growth and Results – Exceptional record of earnings growth and one of the fastest companies ever to reach the Fortune 200
• Positioned to Win- Consistently outperformed competition during downturn, positioned to seize opportunities created by today’s market
IT Development Program
Capital One is at the forefront of the digital banking revolution and our technology teams are critical to the success of our credit card, banking and financial service businesses. From our mobile banking applications to the systems that process our customer transactions – IT is the core of our business.
You’ll be engaged from day one—owning work, presenting ideas, and driving results. As part of our two-year Information Technology Development Program (ITDP) you'll also have the freedom to explore IT while zeroing in on the career that’s right for you.
Designed to foster the next generation of IT leaders, the IT Development Program provides the framework to develop world-class technical skills and gain a comprehensive understanding of information technology—from infrastructure to security to service management and beyond.
These on-the-job experiences are complemented with mentorship by seasoned IT associates, ongoing professional and personal training through our award-winning Capital One University, and regular networking opportunities with peers and executives.
Find A Career You’ll Love
Depending on your background and interest and Capital One’s business needs, you may be aligned to either a technical role or a business facing role within the IT organization:
Technical Roles (examples: Application Developer, Web Developer, Mobile Application Developer, Software Engineer)
• Participate in the development of application systems, collaborating with project managers, analysts and tech leads to convert specifications about business problems into programming instructions
• May participate in technical design activities, development and the implementation of prototype software for Capital One’s Innovation Lab or our private cloud
• Share in the analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems
• Participate in post-implementation reviews of both application development content and process to maximize and share learning
What is Capital One?
• Current student or alumni of Georgia Tech
• Graduated or graduating with Bachelors Degree or higher between December 2011 and August 2013 in an engineering or IT related field
• Degree in technical and quantitative discipline, including engineering, computer science, information systems, information technology, and mathematics
• Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving and conceptual skills
• Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
• Frameworks and Development Tools: Ruby on Rails 3, Android SDK, iOS SDK, Git, Active Server Pages (ASP.NET), Microsoft .NET 2.0, Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE), Java Server Pages (JSP), Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), Spring MVC, Hibernate, Subversion, SOAP, REST, RubyMine, Eclipse, Microsoft Visual Studio, XCode, Rational Rose, Photoshop, Microsoft Front Page.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We promote a drug-free work environment. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where differences lead to solutions.
How to Apply: Apply through CareerBuzz by 2/8! If you have issues with CareerBuzz you can apply through Capital One's website at: https://cscapitalone.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=729517