- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Jr Java, Jr .net, Jr Data Modeling
Company: Kforce Technologies
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
- Contact Information
- Name: Darius Farivar
- Phone: 404.459.2231
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 404-459-2231
- Website: http://kforce.com
We have a few enterprise clients (AT&T, Home Depot, etc) who are looking for recent grads or junior resources. Ideally, we can look at a Java background, .net background, or even a database/DBA background (basic SQL or database skills). Our client is looking to bring someone in to initially provide application support and any break fixes as they arise. After the first few months, they will look to teach this resource to do core Java development (embedded included) and eventually have them as SME within the environments.
I’m not sure if you are still on the market or not (I’d love to chat with you if you are!); however, I’d appreciate the opportunity to network if you have any friends or colleagues that you might recommend. Thanks Matt!
Here are those details:
Locations include: Midtown, Smyrna, Perimeter, and Alpharetta
Preferred Skill Sets (not all required):
• Demonstrated a solid understanding of JAVA and object oriented technologies. Developed real world transactional applications.
• Embedded development desired and basic fundamentals of programming in C.
• Solid understanding of a Unix based operating system: paging/swapping, inter-process communication, devices and device driver fundamentals, file system concepts like inode and superblock. Can perform system analysis and tuning.
• Solid understanding of fundamental networking/distributed computing environments and concepts. Understands the principles of routing and client/server programming.
• Ability to write detailed scripts in at least one, preferably two languages, (shell scripts, Perl, Tk, etc.).
• Ability to perform at least minimal debugging and modification of existing scripts, configuration files, etc.
• Ability to perform most security audits, and protect the system against intrusion.
• Understanding of SQL and ability to write complex queries.
• Fundamental understanding and experience in database fundamentals.
• Independent problem solving; self-directed, self-starting.
• Looks for a candidate that meets above requirements but this person can be a recent graduate from a major university (CS preferred).
• Advanced degree in CS is a plus.
• Extensive programming experience in an applicable language
• Publications or contributions within the field of system administration (e.g., open source contributions).
• Design/implement/maintain our current code base to meet requirements or fix existing issues.
• Work to harden existing product for deployment.
• Establishes/recommends policies and procedures for system use and services.
• Has purchasing authority and responsibility for purchase justification.
How to Apply: email a copy of your resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.