- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Company: IXL Learning
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: San Mateo, CA
- Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
The foundation of IXL.com is our ability to algorithmically generate
exceptional questions and explanations. As a Math/Language Arts Software
Engineer at IXL, you’ll be working on novel and challenging programming
problems that will require creative thinking. You will own your
projects from start to end as they travel through IXL's fast-paced
development cycle. Your code will generate the math and language arts
questions that millions of students in over 170 countries will answer
International candidates encouraged to apply, H1B sponsorships available.
- Write the code modules and supporting libraries to generate and display engaging and interactive spelling, vocabulary, grammar, and math problems.
- Be involved in all aspects of the development process, including design, coding, testing, debugging, and tuning.
- Work closely with product designers and other teams to create the best questions for our users.
- 1 to 5 years of experience in software engineering.
- Excellent programming skills in Java or other object-oriented language.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate in a small team.
- Passion for improving education through technology.
IXL Learning is an educational technology company like no other. We develop dramatically innovative, first-of-their-kind products used by millions of learners, from children to adults. Our IXL product (located at IXL.com) is the world's most popular subscription-based learning site for K-12. Our other products include Quia Web, the original 'create-your-own' website for teachers, and Quia Books, the leading online platform for world-languages courses.
How to Apply: Please apply here: http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?cj=ozsBWfwi&s=GA_Tech