- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Company: AirSage, Inc.
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
- Contact Information
- Name: Rosie Jeffries
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: www.airsage.com
- Website: http://www.airsage.com
The NOC Engineer is the primary tier of support for all AirSage hosted systems. This position monitors and responds to incidents impacting the system availability of the infrastructure hosting critical AirSage business activities. Support hosted applications, server systems, network infrastructure, telecommunications, and data center systems in a 24/7/365 environment. The NOC Engineer will receive, analyze, monitor and resolve network problems in a timely fashion with minimal guidance from more senior engineers or supervisor. The NOC Engineer will also assist in implementing system and software updates and run AirSage application software as directed.
NOC experience (experience in a 24/7 NOC as a NOC system administrator) with increasing responsibility and hands experience in resolving issues along with experience responding to monitoring alerts and responding according to pre-defined service levels is a plus.
Candidates must be willing to work a 2nd or 3rd shift position including weekends. Excellent verbal/written communication skills required. Must be able and willing to accept direction, feedback, and coaching from others. Must have demonstrated success at working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Proactively monitor and resolve network problems in a timely fashion with minimal guidance from more senior engineers or supervisor
- Open trouble tickets for various customers, answering incoming alert telephone calls, responding to network alarms and customer emails
- Coordinate outage restoration activities leveraging AirSage standard operating procedures and follow-up on all outage incidents
- Escalation and collaboration with 3rd party personnel on problem resolution.
- Interface with other departments and 2nd tier support contacts on problem resolution
- Notify / follow-up with key stakeholders on issue status
- Follow documented standard operating procedures
- Create daily, weekly and/or monthly reports in order to track and trend recurring issues, isolate root cause and recommend repair actions
- Understanding of various data network elements such as Cisco and Juniper systems
- Understanding of Server hardware components
- Basic knowledge of server operations systems such as Red Hat Linux and Microsoft Windows Server
- Knowledgeable in the Linux shell and able to login, navigate, execute, and perform without assistance common Linux maintenance tasks (such as cleaning up log files or changing file permissions). Shell scripting in bash/Perl/python a plus.
- Provide technical administrative support related to AirSage’s Hardware and Application Infrastructure and related third-party tools
- Effectively manage ticket queue to ensure high customer satisfaction
- Perform and/or manage Software installations, upgrades and patches to Windows and Linux Operating Systems and layered software packages
- Perform system maintenance as per defined Method of Procedure (MOP)
- Run and monitor AirSage application software in the processing of data for customers
- Work to automate management tasks, streamline processes, and improve reliability, uptime, efficiency, consistency and security in AirSage’s infrastructure environment
To perform this job successfully, the ideal candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- Must be available to work non-standard business hours and varying shift assignments
- Strong Customer Service and Technical Leadership skills required
- Must be able to work and thrive in high pressure situations
- Basic understanding and knowledge of Windows and Linux OS
- Basic understanding of networking technologies and components such as switches, routers, and firewalls
- Knowledge of various programming languages including Python and Bash
- Basic knowledge of postgreSQL and MySQL
- Strong interpersonal skills and have ability to interact with all levels of AirSage team members in a professional manner
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Two or more years’ experience supporting data center operations preferred
- Strong negotiating, problem solving and documentation skills are essential to the success of this position
- Excellent technical skills with proven ability to communicate and drive to results
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously with little or no management supervision. Must have demonstrated success in managing multiple issues simultaneously
- Excellent analytical skills, and a strong ability to learn/assess new systems and technologies
- Must have demonstrated success as both a good team player and team leader
- Must be a self-starter
How to Apply: Please apply online at: http://airsage.hiringthing.com/job/6821/noc-engineer-network-operating-center-