- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
HomeAbout the CollegeJob OpportunitiesPaid Intern Opportunity - Optical Character Recognition & Image Processing
Paid Intern Opportunity - Optical Character Recognition & Image Processing
Company: Vehcon, Inc.
- General Information
- Job Type: Internship
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Compensation: $20 per hour
- Contact Information
- Name: Joe Fuller
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.vehcon.com
Who We Are
Vehcon is a startup at the Georgia Tech Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC). As innovators in vehicle telematics, mobile data analytics and mobile applications, we know that powerful, efficient, hardware-less solutions are the answer for tomorrow's connected vehicle. And we’re leading the way there.
That’s the “official line” – but also know we’re a company run by serial entrepreneurs with solid track records, and we’re building a great company as we turn the telematics world upside-down. If you’re looking for an opportunity to learn, work with great people, and make a real contribution – Vehcon is a place where you can do all of that.
Project and Skills:
We have an IMMEDIATE part-time, paid internship position to identify, customize, and implement OCR algorithms for our core product platform.
- Evaluate OCR algorithms and code modules vs. project requirements
- Tune algorithm for the unique characteristics of the source images we’re working with
- Code a final solution, including image analysis and performance metrics
- Complete testing and deployment
- You’ll need to have experience creating production-ready code in Java or C++
- You’ll need to have experience deploying code in a Linux (Ubuntu) environment
- Part-time student intern; undergraduate (at least 3rd year) or graduate-level
- Flexible work hours, either on-site or off-site
- Workspace available at our offices ON CAMPUS at the Centergy building (75 Fifth St) if needed
- Estimated time commitment is about 10 hours/week, probably for 4-6 weeks for this project
- Potential for future projects or part-time/full-time employment
How to Apply: Contact our CTO, Joe Fuller at email@example.com. Please attach your resume, and feel free to include any questions.