- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Gainesville, FL
Seeking a talented PHP Engineer capable of working on the backend of the Grooveshark web application. In the PHP Engineer position you will work with a team of engineers to create features and improve the site.
At Grooveshark, we believe everyone should have access to the music they love. You will be joining a dedicated, energetic team of people who are looking to change the face of the music industry and who wholeheartedly support open music. We want passionate individuals who believe in our mission and who will contribute new and creative solutions to our cause.
- Maintain existing PHP code and API.
- Create new features and improve upon existing ones.
- Improve on the speed, cleanliness, and security of existing code.
- Identify and eliminate bottlenecks.
- Write and optimize queries for high concurrency workloads (SQL, MongoDB, etc.)
- Identify and implement new technologies and strategies for scaling purposes.
- Enjoy writing high quality, easy to read, self-documenting code. Passion for learning about new technologies.
- High attention to detail.
- High LOC/bug ratio.
- Able to follow coding standards.
- Well versed in best practices & security concerns for web development.
- More pragmatic than idealistic.
- Experience developing on the LAMP stack (able to set up a LAMP install with multiple vhosts on your own.)
- Extensive experience with SQL.
- Some experience with lower level languages such as C/C++.
- Experience with version control software (especially dvcs.)
- Sense of humor.
- Well read in Software Engineering practices.
- Experience with an SQL database and optimizing queries for high concurrency on large data sets.
- Experience with noSQL databases like MongoDB, Redis, memcached. Experience with Nginx.
- Experience creating APIs.
- Knowledge of Linux internals.
- Experience working on large scale systems with high volume of traffic.
- Useful contributions to the open source community.
- Experience with browser compatibility weirdness.
- Experience with Smarty or other templating systems.
- Experience with Gearman, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, etc.
- Laser Tag enthusiast.
- Flexible Schedule
- Stock Options
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Sound Bites Cafe - Eat breakfast, lunch and dinner for free at Grooveshark’s in-house restaurant. Vegetarian and Vegan options available
- Laundry Services - Free drop off laundry and drycleaning
- In-House Masseuse - Melt your stress away with free onsite massages.
- Free Haircuts
- Private Artist Sessions - From the smallest local bands, to the biggest main stage names, we like to bring artists to the office to show them what Grooveshark is REALLY all about!
- Tickets to shows, concerts and events
- Recreation Space - When you’re ready to take a break from your busy work day you'll find a full jam room, a video game room containing every console you could ever want, an analog game room with all sorts of board games, ping pong, a bean bag pit, and much more!
- Shark+ Deals - In an effort to support local businesses and reward our employees, Grooveshark has teamed up with companies all around Gainesville to offer discounts at many different types of establishments
Grooveshark is an ecosystem that brings together music fans, bands, music labels, and brands. With more than 20 million users sharing over 15 million files, Grooveshark is one of the largest on-demand music services on the Internet. Along with providing free streaming music for our users, Grooveshark is also an instrument for artists, labels, and brands to develop new revenue sources from their music.
How to Apply: http://careers.grooveshark.com/