- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Company: IXL Learning
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: San Mateo, CA
- Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits
IXL's Product Development team is constantly rolling out new features
for our suite of Web-based learning tools. Every feature starts with an
idea, a design, and a Product Designer.
As a Product Designer at IXL, you will be involved in all aspects of the product development cycle, including brainstorming, design, testing, documentation, and support. Your creative solutions, clean designs, and extraordinarily high standards will drive the success of our products. You will own your projects from start to end as they travel through IXL's fast-paced development cycle.
- Brainstorm ideas for new products and features.
- Produce innovative, simple solutions to design issues.
- Work with user interface designers to create beautiful mockups.
- Design user flows and high-level behavior for new features.
- Vigilantly search for bugs and ensure they are properly destroyed.
- Understand our users and their educational needs.
- Help diagnose and resolve user support issues.
- Work with employees from all departments to gather requirements and coordinate projects.
- Conduct competitive analysis and other research projects.
- Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in Math, Science, or Engineering
- Strong written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with a wide variety of audiences.
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a wide variety of teams.
- Ability to be efficient and organized while working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Passion for improving education through technology.
- Knowledge of computer programming and Web technologies is a plus.
- Interest or experience in K-12 education is a plus.
IXL Learning is an educational technology company like no other. We develop dramatically innovative, first-of-their-kind products used by millions of learners, from children to adults. Our IXL product (located at IXL.com) is the world's most popular subscription-based learning site for K-12. Our other products include Quia Web, the original 'create-your-own' website for teachers, and Quia Books, the leading online platform for world-languages courses.
** Come visit our booth at the College of Computing Spring Career Fair on January 30th! We will also be hosting an on-campus interview on February 1st-- please sign up via CareerBuzz. You can also visit us on the Web at: www.ixl.com/jobs.
How to Apply: ** Come visit our booth at the College of Computing Spring Career Fair on January 30th! We will also be hosting an on-campus interview on February 1st-- please sign up via CareerBuzz. You can also visit us on the Web at: www.ixl.com/jobs.