- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Company: McKinsey & Company
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
- Contact Information
- Name: Lesly Thomas
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.mckinsey.com/clientservice/operations/
Operations – Product Manager - McKinsey Capability Center
About McKinsey & Company:
& Company is a global management-consulting firm. We are the trusted
advisor to the world's leading businesses, governments, and institutions.
We work with leading organizations across the private, public and social sectors. Our scale, scope, and knowledge allow us to address problems that no one else can. We have deep functional and industry expertise as well as breadth of geographical reach. We are passionate about taking on immense challenges that matter to our clients and, often, to the world.
We work with our clients as we do with our colleagues. We build their capabilities and leadership skills at every level and every opportunity. We do this to help build internal support, get to real issues, and reach practical recommendations. We bring out the capabilities of clients to fully participate in the process and lead the ongoing work.
Overview of the role
McKinsey Design to Value Lab – Atlanta is looking for distinctive problem solvers to fulfill the role of Product Manager for a new software solution we are developing to help us drive more impact at our clients. The position will begin as a part time role (20-30 hours per week) with potential to transition to a full-time role.
Detailed Description: The work associated with this contract position would include:
– Overall product and project management for new software solutions
– Requirements definition and build out of peripheral support databases
– Working directly with clients and McKinsey teams to improve the features / functionality and user interface
– Work starts in Atlanta but eventually may require travel including international travel
Desired Skills: We are seeking candidates with the following:
– A background in Engineering, Supply Chain, Math, Economics, Physics or other quantitative problem solving discipline
– Experience with software development is a plus
– Able to interface effectively with both engineers as well business constituents
– Clear evidence of ability to start, manage multiple priorities, and lead teams in a fast-paced environment
– Collaborative team player, capable of working well with others but also autonomously with little direction
– Strategic and creative thinkers, with the ability to analyze and synthesize data
– Excellent communication and presentation skills
– Proven organizational leadership (executive and/or committee positions)
– Highly organized and detail oriented
– Results-driven achievers with great initiative and creativity
– Able to grasp and communicate complex ideas clearly
Background and educational requirements:
The ideal candidate will have a minimum GPA of 3.0, a strong record of academic performance (i.e., top 10% GPA, Dean’s List, etc.), and high SAT scores (Math: 700 min; Critical Reading: 650 min; Writing: 650 min).
The minimum experience for this role is a current student who is 12 months from graduation, though senior applicants are preferred
▪ Paid for training and workdays at the rate of approximately $300-350/day.
▪ Employees are expected to respect client confidentiality at all times and must sign a NDA prior to training.
▪ Employment is contingent on the completion of a background check.
About the Practice: We would like to take this opportunity to briefly introduce you to the operations performance and transformation work we do at McKinsey & Company. We serve clients across all the major industry sectors on a wide range of operational issues. In doing so, we leverage the expertise of our Operations Practice.
Practice is made up of six service lines aligned along the following functional
2. Product Development
3. Purchasing and Supply Management
4. Service Operations
5. Supply Chain Management
6. Capital Productivity
Operations at McKinsey
McKinsey is organized into industry and functional practices to accomplish two goals: to concentrate our ability to develop business knowledge and insights, and to create a critical mass of expertise. This allows us to deliver specific and tailored services to our clients. Consultants in Operations, a functional practice, are experienced in operations work and committed to finding solutions for clients.
Operations Practice does
McKinsey's Operations Practice helps our clients create operating systems and develop operations that will drive total company performance in a sustainable manner through:
- Defining an operations strategy that optimizes the intersections among the functional areas above
- Creating and exploiting the intersections/linkages among strategy, organization, and operations
- Developing and integrating cross-functional solutions through "tried and tested" model operating systems
- Building an environment throughout the organization that yields long-term operations success
Please visit http://www.mckinsey.com/clientservice/operations/ to learn more.
Location: 210 14th Street NW, Atlanta, Georgia, 30318
How to Apply: To apply: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, noting their interest, along with their overall & major GPA, SAT scores, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org