- About the College
- Future Students
- Current Students
Research & Development Engineering Job
- General Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Redwood City, CA
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Do You Have These Skills and Background?
- Graduating between June 2013 and December 2014 with a BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Knowledge in Relational databases concepts
- Object Oriented design, data structures and programming
Would You Excel in These Activities?
- Breaking the product in complex environments like high availability, security etc.
- Good communication and presentation skills in a fast paced environment with multi-tasking capabilities.
- Coming up with creative ideas to improve product quality and usability
- Passionate about building high quality products
Is the Software Development Engineer Role Right for Me?
It is if you have…
- Strong enthusiasm to solve challenging technical problems
- The ability to consistently adapt to new circumstances, and learns quickly when facing new problems
- Teamwork mentality; easily sharing ideas and resources, and responding agreeably to peaks in workload demand
- Good organizational habits; can prioritizes tasks, develop good work procedures, manages time well
Join Our Research and Development Team
In this role, you’ll be a part of the Core Technology Group (CTG) which is the innovation hub within Informatica. CTG is responsible for delivering an extensible, reliable and scalable platform that provides the solid foundation for all other Informatica products. You can make a difference to areas such as large data handling, distributed computing (Hadoop/Big Data), large-scale system design and highly interactive web and mobile applications.
You will contribute towards building high performance and scalable Data Engine that can scale on multi-processor environments as well on a cluster of nodes (Hadoop).
You will contribute towards building a common UI tooling platform for all Informatica Web/Mobile Applications using next generation cutting edge UI technologies that would enable various Informatica products to create custom user interface by plugging in the smart client widgets, shell and other dashboard components provided by the framework.
Our focus is around techniques to maximize performance, scalability and providing base functional capabilities to these products. This is an excellent opportunity to use your talents to shape the future of our products and make a significant impact on the success of the company.
Do Work That Matters
Digital data has forever changed how we interact with each other and shifted how our world works. Informatica has already helped thousands of organizations — global game changers — in financial services, telecommunications, healthcare, energy, and the public sector, to better leverage their data assets to give them a competitive edge and we are poised to help many more. Working at Informatica, you will be at the epicenter of this digital revolution — doing work that truly makes a difference to our customers and their business imperatives. Work with the company at the forefront of one of the fastest growing parts of the IT industry. Get the exposure you need to best advance your career.
How to Apply: http://bit.ly/14ELFvJ -